My husband had taught Stephen, our 7 year old grandson a little diddy a while back...
M R DUCKS
M R NOT
M R 2. C M WINGS?
L I B. M R DUCKS.
On January 1 this year my mom suffered from Bell's Palsy. It affected the right side of her face. Her mouth is drawn down, eye is kinda saggy and she talks yet with a pronounced lisp.
We went to Steak 'N' Shake a couple of months ago. We were sitting there having a nice time of fun and family time when out of the blue Stephen says....
M R GRANDMA
M R NOT - I replied...
M R 2. C M BROKEN MOUTH? (He pulled down one side of his lip and talked out of a small area of his mouth.)
Needless to say we burst out laughing! Oh dear! It just came out of no where and surprised us all!
Then a couple of weeks ago we sat down with Stephen to make out some SUMMER GOALS for him.
- Read 100 books. He loves to read and I didn't want him to lose it through the summer!
- Ride his bike without training wheels. Yes! He is a scaredy cat but willing to do this!
- Tie his shoes. He just doesn't get it! Bunny ears, regular, nothing!
Then he decides everyone needed a list...
- Daddy's list was don't yell so much and stop swearing.
- Grandpa's list was stop teasing and no snacks before supper.
- Great-grandma's list was to go to the doctor's to learn not to lisp.
- Max's list was not to lick him anymore (Max is our dog).
- I felt left out! He gave me no list!