- Cut white or very pale mulberry paper 5 x 3 3/4. Cut a piece of white card stock the same size.
- Stamp on the mulberry paper with Versamark.
- Emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Using sponge daubers sponge ink over the mulberry paper. Continue until you have the color that you want. I used Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue, and Pretty in Pink ink pads.
- Once done, use an iron and clean white typing paper. Fold the paper and place the mulberry paper in the middle. Iron to REMOVE the embossing.
- Mount the mulberry paper on the white piece you cut earlier.
- Mount on your card and decorate! As you can see, I used the Direct To Paper (DTP) technique in Bashful Blue on the Pretty in Pink cardstock.
- I used Prima flowers that matched the colors used and a SU! colored brad to further accent!
- I used SU! two tag punches to make the tag, stamped "bliss" in Bashful Blue and added some lilac ribbon as a finishing touch.
Thursday, May 31
Technique Thursday - Mulberry Paper Batik
This is a way cool technique! Try and see what you think!