Pages

Friday, September 14

Ahhh...the Ink, Spray and Smash Technique! :)
  1. Lightly spray glossy card stock with water. Drop on a few drops of different reinkers. I used Purely Pomegranate, Only Orange, River Rock and Barely Banana.)
  2. Using another piece of glossy cardstock, spray with water and smash it down onto the first piece. Continue to do this with three to five sheets. Each sheet with come out with a different look and each lighter than the first.
I started with Very Vanilla (8 1/2 x 5 1/2). I then took a sheet of the IS&S (5 1/4 x 4) and layered on top. Layer a piece of Purely Pomegrante (5 x 3 3/4). Cut to pieces of Very Vanilla (2 1/2 x 3 and 2 1/2 x 1 3/4). I randomly stamped the leaf from Autumn Harvest in Purely Pomegranate on the smaller piece, the pumpkin in Pumpkin Pie and the acorn in River Rock. I used a distresser tool on the edges of the Very Vanilla squares before layering. I finished it off using "lovely" in Purely Pomegranate and "Autumn" in Pumpkin Pie.

This challenge was to make a 2-4-6-8 box. I used Only Orange, Wild Wasabi and Whisper White cardstock, Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon and silver brads for the handles, the sentiment (stamped in Wild Wasabi) & pumpkin (stamped in Only Orange) came from Dotted Autumn set. I wheeled the Autumn Dots in Chocolate Chip.

This challenge was to share your love with someone! I made this card for my DH - our 9th anniversary will be January 1, 2008. :) I used Night of Navy (5 1/4 x 4) and Whisper White cardstock ( 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, 5 x 3 3/4, scraps); Night of Navy, Real Red and Blue Staz-On inks; Bashful Blue brads and white vellum. The stamp sets used were So Very, All About U, Big Deal Alphabets and Seaside Sketches.

More to come!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Great idea on the spray and smash technique. I'll have to give that one a try!

Debby Winters said...

What a great technique! I am gonna have to try this for sure@ Thanks!