Pages

Thursday, September 13

3 of the cards I made for VSN last weekend

This one we had to make a card pertaining to the saying. You didn't have to use the saying but it had to something that went with it. I thought right away of these two little girls...friends like you! I started with Creamy Caramel (8 1/2 x 5 1/2). Then layered on Brocade Blue (5 1/4 x 4). On very Vanilla (5 x 3 3/4) I stamped the girls from Seaside Sketches in Chocolate Chip and colored them in with Prue Color Pencils. Using the Crafters Kit I paper pierced the upper corner and added a Soft Subtles button. I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip. I used my computer to type the words out from the saying on Very Vanilla, layered it on Brocade Blue. Then layered them all together.


Here we were to make a Money Envelope. I started with a standard envelope, sealed of course! I rolled Autumn Dots on with Chocolate Chip ink. Then I cut 2" (I think) from one end. Taking the other piece I rolled it through a paper crimper. I added Mustard grosgrain ribbon around the top. Using the two tag punches from SU! I punched the larger tag from CC and the smaller tag from Whisper White. I stamped "sew sweet" from Tags So much in Chocolate Chip, colored the flower in using Stampin' Write markers, punched a 1/16" hole in the top and pushed a silver brad through mustard grosgrain ribbon to top it off.

Last but not least for this post is my DIRT PILE card! LOL I started with Creamy Caramel (8 1/2 x 5 1/2). I did Direct To Paper (DTP) technique with Really Rust ink along the edges. I used a piece of the new Apple Cider Designer Series paper (5 1/4 x 4) for the next layer. I crumped it up, then again did DTP with Really Rust. Then I placed on a 2 x 5 1/4 piece of Really Rust in the middle after once again doing DTP. The focal point is a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 piece of River Rock with DTP Really Rust. I then cut around one of the decors on the same sheet of Apple Cider DS, sponged the edges and layered.



MORE TO COME LATER!