Pages

Friday, September 14

2 RAK card bonuses from VSN

These two cards were done as bonus cards at VSN - RAK (Random Acts of Kindness). They posted a list of people that were ill with anything from depression to cancer. I picked out two of those and made these cards especially for them.

The first is for Brenda who is recovering from double mastectomy and preparing for chemo. I started with River Rock ( 8 1/2 x 5 1/2). I used a piece left over from the Ink, Spray & Smash technique which I will be posting later ( 5 1/4 x 4), layered with Rose Red Petals DS paper (5 1/4 x 2). I cut a piece of Purely Pomegranate, River Rock and Whisper White. USing the corner rounder I rounded the corners of all three layers. I used Purely Pomegranate and River Rock with Best Blossoms stamp set, stamping repeatedly before reinking. Layering them together, I used a 1/16" punch to punch through, poked a silver brad through the Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon. Using Basic Black and Sincere Salutations stamp set I stamped the sentiment "Thinking of You".


The second card is for a little 6 year old girl, Julianna, who was diagnosed with brain cancer. Her story touched my heart as my grandchildren are 7. 6 and 4. You never think of how well off you really are until you read a story like hers! So I wanted something to remind her of happiness! I started with Pink Passion (8 1/2 x 5 1/2). I layered with Whisper White (5 1/4 x 4), Wild Wasabi (5 x 3 3/4), Pink Passion ( 4 3/4 x 3 1/2) and Whisper White (4 5/8 x 3 3/8). I used Pink Passion, Wild Wasabi and Garden Whimsy stamp set for the card front. I thought this would brighten anyone's day!


MORE TO COME!

1 comment:

Ijsbeer said...

aw thats so nice of you. The cards are very nice and I am sure the recipientents will love them! Hope they both beat the cancer too!!