STAMPIN' UP! SPECIALS
Country Living Cookout Kit – June 15-August 31
This kit is designed for you to invite and host a summer time fun day at your home. It includes invites designed as skewers with food (oh so cute), table tents, coasters, tags, printed food wrappers, Dig In stamp set, two stampin’ spots and more for the low price of $24.95.
Become a Demonstrator for $85 – July 15-August 31
That’s right! $85! It’s a mini kit that includes one stamp set, In Color stamp pads, one package of Whisper White cardstock, one package of In Color cardstock and all the business supplies you need to start your own business. If you are interested in more details give me a call or go to my website at http://theresacates.stampinup.net and click “START YOUR OWN BUSINESS”. There you will find the demonstrator online agreement plan and fill out the necessary paperwork. You will need a password to get in – tsandr is it!
Deal of the Week Special – July 1-July 31
Every Monday there will be a Deal of the Week chosen and posted on the website. You can visit my website and go to “PROMOTIONS”. The Deal of the Week will be posted there by 10:00 am (MT) every Monday.
This week’s special is the Scallop Edge punch for $10.99 from July 1-July 6 @ 9:50 am (MT). You can place the order right online by clicking on “SHOP NOW”.
The first three to book a workshop or play day will receive an added incentive from me! Total in sales must be $150 or more (not including shipping/taxes). I also made up some “BOOK 2 LOOK” packages for those who book. You get to choose a BOOK 2 LOOK and when you hold your $150 workshop you will receive the B2L prize!
inspire. create. share.TM
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
July 1 – New catalog available.
July 4 – No ladies breakfast.
July 10 – JoDean's 5-4-5 at 6:30 pm - Call me for details.
July 11 – Late Morning/Afternoon opened for workshop! CALL TODAY!
July 17 – Craft/Card Ministry at CMC - Call for details.
July 18 – Play Day at Diane's in Tekonsha at 1 pm - Call for details.
July 19 – Smith Reunion in Quincy
July 25 – Late Morning/Afternoon opened for workshop! CALL TODAY!
I will be available to do any workshops, etc. thru July 19 during the day/evenings (except for Sunday mornings [church], Wednesday evenings [bible study]and EARLY Saturday mornings[beginning cardio class at CMC]). If necessary we can work out a week night later in July or August once I am back to work.
TECHNIQUE CORNER - PASTELS
When was the last time you used pastels? Here are a few pointers on using pastels. Get ‘em out, make a card or two, send me a copy and get your name in a drawing!
Technique A: Chalking
1. Apply pastel color to your card stock or paper with a sponge-tip applicator, cotton swab, sponge dauber, or stiff paintbrush.
2. Blend the colors as desired with the applicators or blender pen. When using blender pens, just touch the pen directly to the corner of the chalk to pick up the color.
Technique B: Poppin' Pastels
1. Stamp the image with a white Craft Stampin' Pad or VersaMark® ink pad
2. Use sponge daubers to apply the pastel color directly to the ink.
3. Blow off any excess powder. (Repeat this process if you are using this technique with a Two-Step Stampin' set.)
Technique C:Background Pastels
1. Rub a neutral color cardstock so the cardstock is covered with pastel.
2. Using a ruler and eraser, erase stripes of the pastels leaving a striped background. You could also use lids for circles, etc.
Technique D:Reverse Poppin’ Pastels
1. Rub cardstock (dark colors work best for this technique) with pastels.
2. Ink up your stamp with Versamark® and stamp over the pastels. This will PULL the pastels off the cardstock, leaving a crisp picture of the stamped image.
1. To avoid smearing, gently dab the chalk rather than rubbing it across the image.
2. The eraser is great for removing excess pastels.
SEND TWO CARDS FOR THE CMC CARD MINISTRY AND GET YOUR NAME IN A DRAWING EVERY MONTH! DRAWING WILL BE HELD THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH.
PROJECT CORNER - PUNCHES
Here’s a cute little project that anyone can do! I saw this on the SU website and just had to make one. Isn’t he just adorable?
Items Used to Make the Punched Owl Card
• Big Shot
• Top Note Die
• 1 3/8” Circle Punch
• 1 ¼” Circle Punch
• 1” Circle Punch
• Scalloped Oval Punch
• Spiral Punch
• 5 Star Punch
• Smarty Pants Stamp Set
• Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Basic Black, Summer Sun & Whisper White Cardstock
• Chocolate Chip Marker or Ink
• NOTE: If you have a stamp or die of a branch you could place this on the bottom for him to “perch” on. I thought if it AFTER I made him! That would look adorable!
1. Take a 5 ½ x 4 ¼ piece of Chocolate Chip, place on the top of the Top Note die and run through the Big Shot.
2. Cut the Top Note in ½ at the points. Place the first ½ on the bottom of the card with the flat side toward the bottom.
3. Punch out your body details – Creamy Caramel w/ 1 3/8” and Scalloped Oval, Whisper White w/ 1 ¼”, Basic Black w/ 1” circle, Summer Sun w/ 5 Star.
4. Cut off one tip of the star for the beak and glue the very edge to the bottom of the flat side of the 2nd Top Note (or it can be placed on the Top Note after you place the eyes).
5. Glue the 2nd Top Note over the one on the card front. Make sure to leave the “points” up to separate the body from the head.
6. Layer the eyes and place on the head as shown.
7. Stamp “Be Yourself” in Chocolate Chip on the oval and sponge the edges with Chocolate Chip. Glue onto the body.
8. Punch a strip of Creamy Caramel and cut into sections for the feet. Tape onto the bottom.
See….cute, simple and adorable! What child wouldn’t LOVE getting this little guy in the mail? This could easily be one of the projects for a mom and me stamp camp for children ages 4-10. Please note that a mom and me day will involve the parents of the children too…a great way to network with other moms/grandmas/aunts, etc.